Recognizing our social responsibility to protect personal information, Santen Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (hereafter referred to as "Santen") has established the policy described below and has rigorously mandated company-wide compliance of this policy through means such training of corporate officers and employees.
- 1. Compliance program for the protection of personal information
- Santen has designed and implemented a compliance program for the proper protection of personal information. This program will undergo regular reviews and be revised as needed.
- 2. Collection, use and provision of personal information
- In addition to observing proper personal information collection, use and provision procedures, Santen will also specify the reasons and purposes for collecting personal information, limitations to provision and methods to ensure the protection of personal rights.
- 3. Accuracy and security of personal information
- In order to ensure the accuracy and security of personal information, Santen will take reasonable steps to prevent and correct issues such as unauthorized access, misplacement, destruction, tampering and leaks.
- 4. Disclosure, correction, deletion and suspension of use
- Santen will appropriately respond to requests from data subjects regarding disclosure, correction, deletion, and suspension of use of any of their personal information.
- 5. Legal compliance
- Santen abides by all laws regarding the protection of information as well as rules and guidelines established by government agencies and other institutions.