About the 105th Annual General Meeting
Santen Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. held its 105th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders for the fiscal year 2016 on June 23, 2017. The Meeting started at 10:00 a.m. and ended at 11:43 a.m. The number of shareholders attended was 702.
- Business Report, Consolidated Financial Statements and Non-consolidated Financial Statements for the 105th Business Term (April 1, 2016 to March 31, 2017)
- Independent Auditors Report and Corporate Auditors Report on the consolidated Financial Statements for the 105th Business Term (April 1, 2016 to March 31, 2017)
||We received questions regarding the following subjects from twelve shareholders and responded in kind.
- Repurchase and cancellation of treasury shares in FY 2017.
- Estimation of launch date and peak sales of Sirolimus.
- Aim to appoint former CEO of Terumo as an outside director.
- Influence on eye desires from using smartphone.
- Development plan on DE-122 in Japan.
- Situation of current stock price.
- Recruit numbers of new graduates of this year and scheduled number for the next year.
- Challenges to achieve sales target of FY2017.
- Regarding non-share ownership of director candidates.
- Business development to medical device and supplement.
- Impression of Santen Pharmaceutical as an outside director.
- Decrease factor of cash and deposits and cash flow impact.
- Merit and demerit of major shareholder, Ono pharmaceutical Co. Ltd., holding our shares.
- Measures against large scale disasters.
- Impact from foreign exchange fluctuations.
- Impact of business divestiture and acquisitions on profit and loss and plans for future M & A.
- Future plan for Noto plant tours for shareholders.
- R&D theme creation procedure.
- Reason why R&D will be canceled.
||Two proposals were all resolved.
Please refer to the Resolution Notice (PDF: 67KB) for detailed resolutions.