- 1What types of data do we collect?
- Depending on the purpose, we would collect certain types of your data, which could include:
- General data: name, email address, phone number, postal address, date of birth, age, gender, nationality, etc.;
- Profession & Employment: title, department, responsibilities, workplace, recruitment/termination date, working conditions, performance evaluation, etc.;
- Financial details: bank account numbers, credit/debit card numbers, expenses, income, pensions, insurance, etc.;
- Identification data: passport number, driver's license number, employee ID, patient ID, etc.;
- Image & Sound recordings: CCTV footage, video recording, photograph, tape/telephone recording, etc.;
- Data collected through your use of our website: IP address, your browser type, the device you use to access the site, etc.;
- Health data: medical record, treatment data, blood sample, biometric data, DNA data, diet, lifestyle habit, etc.; and
- Sensitive Data not included in the above: religious/philosophical belief, racial/ethnic origin data, membership of trade union, etc.
- 2How do we collect your data?
- Most of your data are collected by us directly from you. However, in some cases, we may collect your data from the following sources:
- Publicly available data sources, such as social media or any other data disclosed on the Internet, industry magazines, etc.;
- Any other third parties, including healthcare providers, healthcare authorities, CRO, conference service providers, recruit agencies, financial institutions, a private dataset/databank service provider, etc.; and
- Automatic collection, through your use of our websites, or view of our advertisements, etc.
- 3For what purposes do we use your data?
- To communicate with you
- To provide our products and services, including:
- to carry out obligations arising from any agreements;
- to deliver our products; and
- to provide access to our online service and application.
- To conduct research and development of products or services, including:
- to carry out clinical trials;
- to carry out medical and pharmaceutical researches; and
- to develop drugs, medical devices and other products or services.
- To improve our products and services, including:
- to conduct surveys or questionnaires; and
- to carry out market researches.
- To ensure drug safety and effectiveness, including:
- to respond to reports of a possible adverse event; and
- to take actions following legal and regulatory obligations.
- To provide healthcare professionals with medical or pharmaceutical information, including:
- to provide information regarding proper use of drug and medical device, quality, safety and effectiveness of drug and research and study in medical or pharmaceutical field; and
- to hold events.
- To provide information to general public, including:
- to release information through media or on our website; and
- to provide information regarding diseases.
- To respond to shareholders, including:
- to send annual reports and any other documents required by law;
- to hold general shareholder meetings; and
- to respond to the exercise of the shareholders' rights.
- To conduct marketing activities towards consumers of over-the-counter drugs or any other non-prescription products, including:
- to place web advertisement; and
- to provide campaign or product information via email, mobile applications or any other means.
- To manage human resources, including:
- to recruit employees; and
- to perform personnel and labor management.
- To respond to requests from administrative or judicial authorities and perform obligations under applicable laws and regulations
- To personalize your experience when using our websites by presenting information tailored to you
- 4Who do we share your data with?
- For the purposes explained above, we may share your data with the following parties:
- Our suppliers, service providers, vendors or other business partners; and
- The court or other government authorities.
We may share your data within the teams in Santen companies and affiliates worldwide listed here only on a need-to-know basis. In such cases, we will take appropriate measures to comply with applicable laws.
- 5How do we protect your data?
- We have implemented reasonable and appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
- 6How long do we retain your data?
- We keep your data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which your data is used or is required by law. At the end of such period, we will dispose of your data with the appropriate security measures.
- 7Your rights regarding your data
- Depending on the local law in your jurisdiction, you may have the right to:
- access your personal data;
- correct your personal data;
- have your personal data deleted;
- restrict processing of your personal data; and
- complain about the processing of your personal data.