UN Global Compact
Santen participates in the United Nations Global Compact (UN Global Compact) and is promoting business activities considering corporate social responsibility as a member of global society.
Participating in the UN Global Compact
Santen has joined the UN Global Compact since 2017.
Santen aims of contributing to the sustainable development of society by solving social issues and improving corporate value over the medium to long term according to Sustainability Policy which is based on our CORE PRINCIPLE.
UN Global Compact is a voluntary, global initiative supporting a global framework for sustainable growth through the demonstration of creative, responsible leadership by the respective corporations and organizations as principled members of society.
Santen intends to support and practice the ten principles of the UN Global Compact in the four areas of human rights, labour, environment, and anti-corruption, which are in line with Santen's CORE PLINCIPLE and the Santen Code of Practice, in pursuit of a sustainable society.
The Ten Principles of the UN Global Compact
- Human Rights
- Principle 1: Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
- Principle 2: make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Principle 3: Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- Principle 4: the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
- Principle 5: the effective abolition of child labour; and
- Principle 6: the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Principle 7: Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- Principle 8: undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
- Principle 9: encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Principle 10: Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
Efforts to Achieve Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) adopted by the United Nations member states set 17 goals to be achieved by 2030. Santen will contribute to achieving Goal 3: "Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages," and other SDGs.
Click on the following link to view more information.